Footing Design and Detailing Based on Australian Standards (AS/NZS)
Footing Design and Detailing (Stiffened Raft Slab, Timber Subfloor, Strip Footings) based on Australian Standards (AS/NZS):
- Learning about Different Footing Systems used in Australia based on AS 2870 and discussing the systems in detail.
- Learning the terminology used in AS2870 and geotechnical reports in order to design a footing based on Australian Standards.
- Discussing the Most Common Footing Systems used in Residential Projects in Australian Construction Industry and going through the Code Requirements for Each System (AS 2870).
- Learning how to read Geotechnical Reports (using real-life reports) and how to extract all necessary factors such as reactivity, controlled fill, etc. that are required to be used in footing design based on AS 2870.
- Designing Footing based on AS 2870. Drafting Footing Plan and Details using AutoCAD and putting the Structural Drawings Together.
Curriculum is empty